Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Skinny Garlic Mashed Potatoes

I had bought some Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb Cheese a month or two ago and then couldn't remember which recipe I bought it for. I found the recipe and decided to try it today.

The recipe I found on Recipezaar called for chicken broth, but I was making meatloaf to go with it, so I decided to use beef bullion cubes instead.

The mashed potatoes were good, but my boyfriend said they were a bit salty and I think it was too much of the cheese. I'll try these again but will try it with about half the cheese next time.

Here is my adaptation of the recipe found on Recipezaar.

Skinny Garlic Mashed Potatoes

2 cups beef broth
2 beef bullion cubes
1 cup instant mashed potatoes
4 slices of Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb Cheese
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons parsley

  1. Boil water and add bullion cubes. Once cubes are dissolved, add mashed potato flakes, garlic, and parsley, whisk together.
  2. Once blended, break up cheese wedges into pieces and add to potatoes. Mix together and serve.

 

Made by Lena