Monday, January 21, 2008

Simple Crock Pot Roast Beef

Today I decided to to a roast dinner since I had the day off from work. I was busy all weekend so didn't really cook. I heard that roast beef in the crock pot is supposed to be really juicy and tender, so I thought I'd give it a go. I found a simple recipe on my trusty ol' Recipezaar and got to work.

Easiest Pot Roast Ever


The meat was very tender. I got nervous about the amount of water the recipe called for, especially with the bullion cubes, so I added about an extra cup. I shouldn't have done that and won't do it next time. The only thing Lee and I felt was missing was some garlic or pepper, which we both like in roast beef. I added some garlic powder and ground white pepper. My boyfriend would like for me to use less onion next time, so I'll probably just use half an onion.

The other negative to this dinner was I really was looking forward to making Yorkshire Puddings since I love them and we haven't had them in a while. I forgot to buy eggs, so no puds. :-(

 

Made by Lena