Sunday, January 20, 2008

Pizza and a Movie

Well, my boyfriend does not want me to mess with the Friday night pizza and mozzarella sticks. I think I'll have to plan different deserts or something on Fridays instead. For now, I'm just trying to perfect the pizza and mozzarella sticks.

This week, I used some mozzarella sticks that had been frozen since last week. Like before, I fried them for a few minutes and then finished them off in the oven. They turned out the best I've made them this week. I have enough mozzarella sticks for next week, but I think after that I'll try frying enough for a month or so, freezing them, and then just heating them in the oven each week. I feel like I'm wasting a lot of oil, and if you buy frozen mozzarella sticks at the store, that's what they are anyway. I've also learned that canola oil tastes better for these than vegetable oil.

 

Made by Lena