Sunday, February 3, 2008

Steamed Chocolate Pudding

I'm sorry, it's been a while since I've posted, but it's report card week, I've had to sort out some plans for my job next year, have had to do lesson plans for my grade level, and had loads of meetings. I'm pooped!

Wednesday was the mid-week slump. I was so exhausted that I had my boyfriend heat up some chicken soup with rice I made a while ago for himself and asked him to make some Velveeta shells and cheese for me. I crashed on the couch, and after getting in bed realized I hadn't tried something new! Well, Lee ran out to the kitchen to get some of the pudding cups we bought in England for me to try. Note to people who don't know: In the UK pudding is more of a general term for a dessert and is not what we Americans tend to think of as a pudding. To top it off, there are Yorkshire Puddings that are even more different and are served as a side dish to a roast dinner and are not sweet at all.

Let's just say I'm not a big fan of these cake/pudding cups and cans that they seem to have a fair amount of in England. I'm not sure if the cake is so dense because it's supposed to be and would be even if it wasn't processed, but it is just too dense and thick for my tastes. I like light and airy cakes.

The good thing about these puddings, was the chocolate sauce that was melted streamed down around the pudding. I did like that part. We accidentally threw away the pudding packaging, so I'm not sure what the brand is, and my boyfriend was going to take a picture, but I can't seem to find it...

Lesson learned: I don't like the pudding cups or tins, so if I want to try a UK pudding, I'll find a recipe and make it myself!

 

Made by Lena