Saturday, January 26, 2008

Jerk Chicken, The Pampered Chef Way

Last night I had my first Pampered Chef party. I had never been to one before and didn't know what to expect. It ended up being fun, but a bit cheesy as I'm sure they all do.

Anyway, I was wondering what I would do for my new food for the day. I was going to cook something to leave here for my boyfriend, but didn't get around to it. Then I was going to bake cookies when I got home, but we stayed to chat after and I didn't get home until 11:30. Luckily, we made something at the party that I've never had before!

Jerk Chicken Nachos were on the menu. Of course they wanted to show off their items, so we used a chopper to cut up cooked chicken, and a santoku knife to chop a pepper (should probably have been the other way around if they wanted to show off the chopper's powers...but I'm not in charge!). They then used a pizza stone to lay out the nachos. We used a juicer to get the lime over the nachos, and used the mandolin to slice some limes paper thin for margaritas. The only thing they didn't have was a special pastry bag for the sour cream over the nachos, but they used a plastic bag for that. They also had a special Jerk Chicken spice mix that they sprinkled over the nachos and mixed in with the sour cream. It did taste good and I don't usually like sour cream. I think mixing in the jerk chicken spice helped it. It was also lightly drizzled, so it wasn't too heavy.

These Pampered Chef parties are so cheesy. I won a small little "Qwickcut Paring Knife" for putting the most names on my catalog (of who we thought could use certain products like their knives, stoneware, or cookware. I thought that might be the point to it, so I put a reasonable amount that might get me to win ;-) ). They also tried to get us all to have parties and to work for them. I did end up buying a stoneware oven and a fat separator for gravy. I wanted the mandolin, but had to stop myself...maybe at the party my other friend signed up to have next month!

Anyway, I didn't take a picture at the party, and I didn't get the recipe, but trusty Recipezaar to the rescue!

Jerk Chicken Nachos



 

Made by Lena