Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Curry in a Hurry


Tonight I needed something I could just throw together quickly. I had some errands to run and didn't have much time for cooking. We still have a few jars of curry sauce in the cabinet, so I thought it would be a good way to use up some of the roast chicken from Sunday's dinner.

After I got home from work, I threw a jar of tikka masala, ½ cup frozen peas, 1 cup chicken, and ½ cup frozen corn in the crock put and put it on low. When we got home from errands about 2 hours later, I cooked some rice. The curry was nice and hot and it was actually spicy, unlike the korma we had last week!

I'm still not sure about this whole curry thing. I ordered a curry cook book online since Lee likes it and really wants me to like it too. I guess I'll have to develop a taste...I've heard it can take up to 10 times...I'll give it at least that, maybe 20 for an honest-to-goodness try before calling it a loss. If I expect him to try a bunch of macaroni and cheeses, I guess I owe him that...

 

Made by Lena