Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Apples in a Skillet



I stupidly planned a lot of meals that required a fair amount of prep, or at least prepping the night before so they could marinate. I've had another busy week at work and didn't get home in time for the casserole I had planned, so we had leftover Rotel Goulash from the other night. This was still delicious, but I needed something new to eat and that left me with only dessert.

I'd bought some apples last week for an apple crisp, but haven't made it yet. They were getting old, so I wanted to use them up. I found a recipe for Buttery Cinnamon Skillet Apples and decided to make those. I've always loved cinnamon apples. When I make apple pie, I love having extra filling because I always heat that up in the microwave and eat them while the pie is baking. I thought this would be a nice dessert tonight.

This was very easy to make. I was surprised how thick the sauce became. It was definitely more of a syrup. I actually ate spoonfuls of the syrup while I was waiting for the apples to become cool enough to eat. While all the sugar probably isn't good for the teeth, it felt pretty light and comforting.

 

Made by Lena