Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rotel Cheeseburgers

I went to Sam's Club today to stock up on some things and saw a box of Rotel. I had bought some on my grocery shopping trip to Walmart a couple of weeks ago and liked it, so I bought the box and figured I could try some more great recipes.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to make for dinner, but I eventually decided on cheeseburgers. I thought about trying to put some Rotel in them. I searched Recipezaar and didn't find any recipes, but I'm becoming more adventurous with my cooking since I've been doing this blog, and I decided I would just come up with a recipe on my own!

I am at the end of my grocery budget, so I didn't buy many supplies. If I were to do this again, I think I would maybe top these with a Mexican cheese blend and some pico de gallo on top. I cooked these on the George Foreman Grill and since it cooks so quickly, I thought I'd cook the Rotel and onions ahead of time. It might give more flavor to cook in the meat, but I wasn't keen on the idea of having undercooked onions in the burger and my boyfriend doesn't like raw tomatoes.

These turned out really well! The first batch didn't turn out very flavourful, but luckily my boyfriend loves to eat and wanted to help me get the recipe right. He ate four burgers and we finally got to what we thought of as the perfect ration of burger to Rotel. Now, this may be different based on your taste buds, but this is the one we liked.

Rotel Burgers

1-10 oz. can of Rotel
¼ white onion, chopped
1 lb. ground beef
cheese
buns

  1. Sauté Rotel and onions in a skillet over medium heat until cooked.
  2. Measure out ¼lb. ground beef and mix with 4 tablespoons Rotel and onion mixture. Form into burger shape. Repeat with remaining meat and Rotel.
  3. Cook on grill. Top with cheese.
  4. Let sit until cheese has melted. Place on bun and top with desired condiments and enjoy!

 

Made by Lena