Monday, February 25, 2008

Another Apple Dessert

I love apples. I love apples with cinnamon. Add a little sugar and it's a fabulous dessert!

Tonight I made the sun-dried tomato risotto that I learned at my cooking class last month. Since I'd already had that before, and I had to bring my boyfriend to work too early to try the grits, I decided a dessert was in order. I procrastinated because I did not want to admit that time was drawing to a close on my February school vacation and did not want to believe that it was getting late. Of course, this means we're having dessert at 10 when I should have been going to bed.

I was looking for a quick and easy apple recipe. After searching for a little bit, I found one that I had all the ingredients for and that did not take long to make.

My boyfriend and I loved these sautéed apples! The syrup that forms has a scrumptious caramel flavor to it that tastes similar to the caramels I made last week. The apples were perfectly tender and even the skin wasn't too hard. This was very easy to make and my boyfriend was surprised at how quickly it was finished. I only had to use my apple corer/slicer to cut the apples, so it literally took no more than 20 seconds to cut all the apples.

Today, while browsing the Leftover Queen Forum, I learned that you are supposed to list the ingredients by the order used in the method. I never noticed that, or even payed attention to it. I'm going to try to remember to make sure my recipes on here are like that from now on.

Sautéed Apples

4 tablespoons butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cooking apples, sliced and cored

  1. Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat.
  2. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl.
  3. When the butter has melted, add the sliced apples.
  4. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples begin to become tender.
  5. Add the cinnamon and brown sugar.
  6. Cook and stir until the sugars have turned into a syrup.

 

Made by Lena