Monday, April 21, 2008

Stovies


A couple of months ago, I asked some people what to do with leftover roast beef. These people are in/from the UK and had some great ideas since roasts are traditional Sunday meals there! One of the recommendations was Stovies. Stovies is a Scottish dish made from "the scrapings off the stove." In its simplest form, you just take all your leftovers from the Sunday roast and heat it all up together. You do need to mince the beef first, but that's easily done with a sharp knife or a food processor.

I just had Lee mince the beef since my thumb has been bothering me. I then put it in a roasting pan with the leftover vegetables from last night's dinner and dribbled some gravy over the top. I heated it in the oven at 350°F for about 15 minutes or until hot.

The taste of this will depend on the quality of your leftovers. If you had an excellent roast dinner, your Stovie will taste good, if not, your Stovie will not taste as nice. I'd definitely make this again to use up leftovers, it's quick, easy, and delicious!

For more information and a recipe in case you want to try it and don't have leftovers you can visit www.stovies.com

 

Made by Lena