Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ranch Cheeseburgers on Homemade Buns

I joined another recipe swap on Recipezaar this month. One of the recipes I tagged is for Ranch cheeseburgers. I didn't have any hamburger buns, so I decided to make some from scratch. I found a couple of recipes that sounded good, but I went with one that was for rolls that should be done in 40 minutes.

The cheeseburgers called for dry ranch dressing mix, but I didn't have any on hand and the only ground beef I had was 7% fat, so I used regular ranch dressing to add some moisture to the meat. It worked a treat. I tried a bit of one of the burgers without dressing and thought it tasted really good. I was wondering about whether it would take too much away from the flavor of the burgers to add ketchup, but I tried a little bite with some ketchup and I figured out it would be ok with just a tiny bit.

The buns turned out great as well. The first batch weren't the best shape, but they still tasted great. They were pretty easy and I have loads of leftovers for other burgers too. They actually taste quite good as just rolls on their own. These rolls remind me of the Texas Roadhouse rolls, not an exact match, but similar.

I made some fries to go with them, the same recipe I did with my fish and chips.

This was an excellent meal and I'll definitely have to make these time and time again! I'm learning that I really do seem to prefer making my own things at home. I'm not sure how long it'll last, but it'll be fun for now!

 

Made by Lena