Friday, April 25, 2008

Breakfast for Two

Woops! I didn't realize it had been so many days since I last updated! Well, it's been school vacation, and although I had to go in to work for a few hours on Wednesday, and a little bit today, I've been trying to take it easy.

On Tuesday, Lee didn't have to work until the afternoon and I didn't have to go to work at all, so I made breakfast for us. I had bought some egg rings at Crate and Barrel and have been waiting for a chance to use them. I made egg sandwiches on cinnamon swirl bread.

I liked the egg rings. I prefer my little egg pan that is so cute with the egg guy on the handle, but when you're making more than one sandwich, it's so much better to have the egg rings so you can make them faster. I love the cinnamon swirl bread and it was great with the egg and cheese. I forgot to take a picture because I was planning to make something else for the blog later on, but didn't end up doing that.

Egg Sandwiches on Cinnamon Swirl Bread

1 tablespoon butter
2 eggs
4 slices cinnamon swirl bread
2 slices American cheese
pepper

  1. Melt butter on a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
  2. In a small bowl, place in one egg, add pepper, and whisk together.
  3. Place egg ring on skillet and pour egg mixture inside. Repeat with other egg.
  4. Meanwhile, toast bread in toaster, butter lightly when finished.
  5. When the egg looks almost set, remove ring and flip to finish off the top.
  6. Place a slice of cheese on each egg round and melt slightly.
  7. Put egg between two slices of cinnamon swirl bread and enjoy!

 

Made by Lena