Sunday, April 13, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies a la Kitchen Aid®

I got a new Kitchen Aid® stand mixer!! I am so excited! Lee and I went to do a little clothes shopping on Friday and they were on sale. He mentioned that if I didn't want any clothes, we could count that as my birthday present and get one. I was not happy. He knew how much I wanted it, but I really did need at least a couple of new shirts. We talked about it and decided that it would also count as part of a "Congratulations on your Promotion" gift because it is a lot more expensive than what he got. I also put back a couple of things I planned to get and only bought three shirts.

Well, because of report cards and being so tired, I hadn't gotten to play with my new toy until Wednesday night! I decided to try a new recipe for chocolate chip cookies, the one that came with my mixer.

They weren't as soft as the ones I usually make, and they tasted more like Chips Ahoy® than my Nestlé Toll House. I don't really like Chips Ahoy®, so that wasn't a good thing for me. I even did my usual trick of using half butter and half shortening and it still didn't help them stay chewy! Lee thought these were just OK too, and I won't plan to make these again.

Kitchen Aid® Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margerine, softened
2 eggs
1½ teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips

  1. In a medium bowl, mix baking soda, salt, and flour.
  2. In a separate bowl mix sugars, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
  3. Gradually add the flour mixture.
  4. Add chocolate chips.
  5. Drop rounded teaspoons onto baking sheets and cook for about 10-12 minutes at 375°F.

 

Made by Lena