Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream!

Friday was the last day of my school's Math Week. My school has done a lot of work to improve the English Language Arts curriculum over the past couple of years, so now it's Math's turn. To get the children excited about math, we did a whole week of math across the curriculum. We read stories that were about math, math poetry, and we did some fun experiments with bubble gum, a Math Vocabulary Bee, and graphing favorite flavours of ice cream. It was so much fun!

Anyway, on Friday it was the day to taste flavours of ice cream. Edy's was on sale and ended up being the least expensive, so I went with it. These brands really are coming out with some fun flavors nowadays. I had to stay away from any flavors with peanuts in it, but I decided to get some things I thought the kids might like, were sort of familiar, but with a twist. From past years I also had a good idea about what they may like, so I bought Cookies 'n Cream, Double Fudge Brownie, and Chocolate Chip Mint Brownie.

I am usually a big fan of Cookies 'n Cream and Mint ice creams (not peppermint, that green one and it may be just mind games, but I swear I taste a difference between mint chocolate chip that is white, and the kind that is green!), but I don't get chocolate unless I'm eating it plain. It just has too much chocolate otherwise. Chocolate ice cream with brownies on it is just plain decadence. We each tried a scoop of ice cream and the Double Fudge Brownie wasn't too bad. I'm not sure if a bowl full would be too much, or if I could handle it with chocolate sauce on top, but it was good and I won't mind finishing off the leftovers.

 

Made by Lena