Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Grilled Chicken and Vegetables

One excellent thing about Friday is that our new grill came! I've complained before about our George Foreman being too small and the fact that it seems to burn the outside in order to cook the inside of the meat. Plus, it cooks so fast, the food just can taste a bit dry, a little better than being microwaved.

So, how 'bout this indoor grill? The only thing I don't like is there isn't a cover for it, but I can live with that. You can adjust the temperature, cook just like you do on an outdoor grill, and the food just tastes so much better! The size of this thing is the same size as my parents' full-sized outdoor grill, so there is plenty of cooking space. On Friday I made cheeseburgers, but on Saturday I decided to so something a little more involved.

I decided I would try my hat at grilling vegetables on it. I have never grilled vegetables before, so this was a bit of a challenge. I read that you can cut them up and wrap them on foil before putting them on the grill, so that's what I did. I added a bit of the marinade (Lawry's Carribean Jerk) to the mix, closed it up, and placed it on the grill. I should have cooked it a bit longer. I placed the pouch on the grill after I turned the chicken the first time, but I was making four carrots and a head of broccoli, so it wasn't long enough. Some of the vegetables were cooked through, but others tasted raw. Next time, I'll put them on the grill at the same time as the chicken and see if that helps. I'm also wondering if there wasn't enough moisture in the pouch since I only put in a drizzle of the marinade over the top of the vegetables. I will tinker around with that next time too. I'm not posting a recipe since I haven't gotten it right yet, I'll do that another time.

 

Made by Lena