Monday, March 17, 2008

Spicy Crock Pot Chicken

This was a delicious recipe I choose for the Australian/New Zealand recipe swap on Recipezaar. It was really easy, except for me cutting my finger while chopping the onion! The meat turned out tender and juicy.

I used 4 large bone-in chicken breasts (I saved 2 for a curry) instead of a whole chicken because that's what I had and I figured it would work just fine. For maximum flavour, marinate overnight.

Whole Chicken Crock Pot Recipe

4 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon white pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon ground black pepper

1 large roasting chicken
1 cup onion, chopped


  1. Combine spices in a small bowl.
  2. Remove giblets from chicken and clean thoroughly. Pat dry with paper towel.
  3. Rub spice mixture over chicken. cover with plastic wrap or place in a ziplock bag and refrigerate overnight.
  4. When ready to cook, chop onion and place in bottom of crock pot.
  5. Add chicken.
  6. There is no need to add liquid, there is plenty of liquid that will come from the chicken and you can even make gravy from it!
  7. Cook on low for 4-8 hours (depending on your crock pot).


 

Made by Lena