Monday, March 17, 2008

Homemade Brownies

I made my first batch of brownies from scratch!!!

Now, I am not good at folding, and they turned out quite thin, but they tasted delicious and I'll have to work on my folding technique to get them to turn out a bit thicker. My boyfriend actually said they were the best brownies he's ever had. This was a fabulous recipe that included ingredients I always have on hand anyway.

The original recipe did not include chocolate chips, I added those myself since I love chocolate chips in brownies!! Please check out the original recipe to see how they are supposed to look!

I have rated it 4 out of 5 stars because of my difficulty with folding in the egg whites.

Fudgy Brownies

½ cup flour (for coating pan)
2 eggs
½ cup butter, melted
¼ cup cocoa, moistened
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
¼ cup confectioner's sugar

  1. Grease an 8x8 pan and coat with flour. Place a piece of parchment paper to prevent sticking.
  2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
  3. Separate the egg whites into one bowl, and the egg yolks into another larger bowl.
  4. Beat egg yolks with sugar.
  5. Add melted butter, cocoa, and vanilla. Mix well.
  6. Beat egg whites until stiff.
  7. Gently fold egg whites into batter.
  8. Gently add in chocolate chips.
  9. Place in pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
  10. After 5 minutes, remove from pan. Before serving, dust with confectioner's sugar.

 

Made by Lena